Where Thinking and Learning Meet (7-Day Workshop)
If it is our intention to see an increase in student levels of engagement; and levels of high school retention; an improvement in student standards; and see learners skilled and ready to contribute to their world, then we have to rethink what we are doing, and how we are doing what we are doing, in our schools.
We’ve got to teach our kids how to think and how to learn. We’ve got to make intellectual rigour, depth of knowledge and understanding, as well as authentic, relevant and purposeful curriculum and instruction our priorities. We’ve got to change the way learning opportunities are planned, designed, implemented, assessed and evaluated.
This workshop invites participants to examine current beliefs and practice. It focuses on ‘BIG picture’ pedagogy as it relates to the explicit and visible teaching of learning through process and thinking through the use of thinking tools and strategies and micro learning processes. The comprehensive, explicit and visible infusion of thinking into the learning process provides the building blocks for deep learning. It enables and empowers learners to develop their knowledge and understanding of how they learn and how they think so that independence, self directed, rigorous agency can become a reality.
This workshop offers a fresh and practical approach to re-thinking and re-engineering how teachers teach and how learners learn.
• explore what it means to teach our learners HOW to learn through an explicit process that mirrors the way learning occurs in the ‘real world’
• explore what it means to teach our learners HOW to think
• explore the relationship between thinking and learning and discover practical frameworks that will enable and empower learners to take control of both their learning and their thinking
• explore what it means to engage learners in authentic, personally relevant, rigorous learning opportunities that address curriculum mandates
• develop your knowledge and understanding of what it means to think critically versus what it means to think creatively; and explore the relationship between these sought-after skills
• explore the diversity of critical thinking skills needed by our learners; and explore the relationships that exist between these skills
• explore the diversity of creative thinking skills needed by our learners; and explore the relationships that exist between these skills
• develop your practical knowledge of a variety of thinking tools that will deliberately and strategically promote the ‘skillful’ development of critical and creative thinking skills – a first step toward ‘deep thinking for deep learning’
• explore how you can enable and empower the learners in your school to take over the responsibility for their cognitive development
Target Audience: Zonal Directors, Cluster Superintendents, School Leaders, Heads of Department, Teacher Leaders, Instructional Coaches, Key Personnel, Teachers (K-12)
Benefits of Attending This Workshop:
Achieve desired practical learning outcomes
Have access to webinar resources
Enjoy live interaction with our presenter during the Q&A session
Have short limited access to post-webinar *video recording
Own an e-certificate of achievement
* All registered participants will be provided with the post-webinar workshop resources, including the video recording. Even if you could not attend the online session on the workshop day, you would still be able to review the recording at a later time!
Workshop Registration Details
Presenter: Ms Lane Clark
Date & Time: 30 May - 03 Jun & 06 - 07 Jun 2022 (Mon-Fri/Mon-Tue), 8:30am to 11:30am SGT
Registration Closing: 06 May 2022
Session Fee (nett per pax):
First 2 participants: S$950.00
Next 2 participants: **S$850.00
Subsequent participants: **S$750.00
Early Bird: Register by 25 Mar 2022 (incl.) for additional 10% discount
***Package Deal: Same participant who also registered for 'Where Assessment Meets Thinking and Learning' workshop on 28 Nov - 02 Dec 2022 will be eligible for a further S$100.00 discount.
**The discounted tier fee only applies to participants from the SAME organisation registering for the SAME session.
***Participants are encouraged to register for both 'Where Thinking and Learning Meet' and 'Where Assessment Meets Thinking and Learning' workshops as recommended by the presenter because they compliment each other.
[For large group registration (7 or more), you may click here to download the group registration form.
Complete the form and submit it to email: email@example.com ]
A place will be reserved for you upon receipt of your registration.
A confirmation email with the respective workshop details will be sent to you at least one week before the session.
We accept payment by 'IFAAS e-invoice' (for MOE schools/organisations only), 'Bank/Telegraphic transfer' and 'PayNow' to UEN: 201724937R. Select your payment mode in the registration form. An invoice will be generated to the Finance Officer according to the payment mode selected.
Payments are to be made in the currency of Singapore Dollars (SGD) and in full amount within 30 days of the invoice date.
For payment by 'Bank/Telegraphic transfer' and 'PayNow', please indicate the invoice number as the bill reference number. For 'PayNow' payment, please select the 'PayNow to UEN' option. Please enter UEN:201724937R and the correct payment amount. Indicate the invoice number as the bill reference number.
Please note that we are not accepting cash or cheques. Self-funding individuals could pay by 'Bank/Telegraphic transfer' or 'PayNow'.
Any bank charges incurred as a result of bank/telegraphic transfers will have to be borne by the payer.
Illumien Asia accepts one-to-one replacement for registered participants who are unable to attend for various reasons. For such cases, kindly inform Illumien Asia beforehand if possible so that our participants' records are up-to-date.
Withdrawal / No-Show
For any withdrawal or no-show, participants will be subjected to the following charges:
Withdrawal Notice Period - Penalty
More than 14 days - 50% of course fee
14 days or less - 100% of course fee
No-Show - 100% of course fee
Illumien Asia reserves the right to change or cancel the workshop due to unforeseen circumstances. In the event of a cancellation, all registrants will receive full refund.