Deep Thinking for Deep Learning
Deep learning is driven by deep thinking...What knowledge and skills do teachers need in order to make deep learning happen? It’s not simply about using thinking tools with our learners, it about understanding how the brain processes information and then facilitating that all important process by selecting, framing and sequencing thinking tools into the learning process - in the right place AND at the right time.
The infusion of thinking into classroom pedagogical practice is paramount because quality learning is dependent on quality thinking. In this webinar with Lane, you will develop your knowledge and understanding of deep thinking, so that you can enable and empower your learners to develop theirs!
• discover how the brain processes information; explore what hinders information processing; and learn what you can do to facilitate this all important process with your learners
• develop knowledge and understanding of the ‘acquiring and integrating’ and ‘extending and refining’ phases of the learning process
• explore specific strategies and tools to determine a learner’s foundational schema so that it can be strategically built upon
• develop new skills for deliberately aiding learners in the acquisition and integration of new learning
• develop knowledge and understanding of depth vs breadth of thinking; explore how to frame graphic organisers to deliberately guide processing in order to deepen a learner’s thinking and therefore learning
Target Audience: Teachers (all grades), Instructional Coaches, Allied Educators and School Leaders
Course Registration Details
Presenter: Ms Lane Clark
Date & Time: 21 June 2021, Monday, 8.30am to 12.30pm SGT
Delivery Mode: Online via Zoom
Registration Closing: 04 June 2021
First 2 participants: S$140.00 nett per pax
Next 2 participants: *S$120.00 nett per pax
Subsequent participants: *S$95.00 nett per pax
Early Bird: Register on or before 05 Mar 2021 for additional 10% discount
*The discounted tier fee only applies to participants from the SAME organisation registering for the SAME session.
A place will be reserved for you upon receipt of your registration.
A confirmation email with the Zoom login details will be sent to you 1 week before the session.
An e-invoice will be generated and emailed to you. Payments are to be made in Singapore Dollars (SGD).
Please make your payment either by cheque or GIRO upon receiving our invoice.
All cheques should be crossed and made payable to "Illumien Asia Pte Ltd " with the invoice no. indicated on the back of the cheque.
Any bank charges incurred as a result of bank/telegraphic transfers will have to be borne by the school/organization.
Withdrawals / No-Show
Illumien Asia accepts one-to-one replacement for registered participants who are unable to attend for various reasons. For such cases, kindly inform Illumien Asia beforehand if possible so that the participants' records are updated.
For any withdrawals or cancellation, participants will be subjected to the following charges:
Withdrawal Notice Period / Penalty
More than 14 days - 50% of course fee
Less than 14 days - 100% of course fee
No-Show - 100% of course fee
Illumien Asia reserves the right to change or cancel the session due to unforeseen circumstances. In the unlikely event of a cancellation, all registrants will receive full refund.